World News

Israel expands military operations in Gaza and evacuate on a large scale

Israel announced a major expansion of its military operations in Gaza on Wednesday, saying it would occupy large swathes of the enclave and increase it to its safe zone, accompanied by a massive evacuation of the population.

Israeli leaders are under signs of protests from Gaza, with protests from Hamas, an armed group that has controlled the enclaves since 2007, and the expanded action appears to be aimed at at least in part to increase civilian pressure on the leaders.

Defense Minister Katz said in a statement that the evacuation would be conducted in areas of combat, while urging the Gazas to eliminate Hamas and to return Israeli hostages or the only way to end the war.

The Israeli military has issued evacuation warnings to Gaza people living around the southern cities of Rafa and Khan Yunis, telling them to move to the Al-Mawasi area onshore, formerly known as the Humanitarian District.

Israel’s Army Radio said the 36th Division, which was sent to the southern command area last month to prepare for operations in Gaza, will participate in the operation.

Kaz’s statement is not clear on how much land Israel intends to capture.

Palestinians fled the area near the southern city of Rafa on Monday in Khan Younis of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip after Israel’s evacuation order fled Monday. (Hatem Khaled/Reuters)

Israeli forces have established an important buffer zone in Gaza, expanding the area that exists around the edge of the pre-war enclave and adding the so-called Netzarim corridor in central Gaza through central Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israeli leaders said they plan to promote Palestinians to voluntarily leave the enclave after U.S. President Donald Trump calls for permanent evacuation and redevelopment into a coastal resort under U.S. control.

Kaz’s remarks were made after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated calls for Hamas to disarm, saying military pressure was the best way to get the remaining 59 hostages back.

“I call on the residents of Gaza to take action now to eliminate Hamas and return all the kidnapped people,” Katz said in his statement, adding that the action will remove militants and their infrastructure.

“This is the only way to end the war,” Katz said.

War expands

After two months of relative calm after the end of a U.S.-backed truce, Israel resumed air strikes in Gaza and sent ground forces to allow Hamas to hold hostages held by Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons.

Hundreds of Palestinians have been killed since the strike, and Israel has cut off aid to the enclaves, saying most of the materials were taken away by Hamas and used for its own members.

So far, efforts led by Kathari and Egyptian mediators have not made any progress.

Israel also hit targets in southern Lebanon and Syria as operations escalated in Gaza, with strikes against a Hezbollah commander in the southern suburb of Beirut on Tuesday, adding to the wear-out ceasefire agreement that stopped fighting in January.

In addition, Israeli forces are still conducting major operations in the West Bank, with the military saying it aims to destroy Iran-backed armed groups in refugee camps in the region.

According to the Israelis, Israel invaded Gaza after thousands of Hamas-led gunmen attacked southern Israeli communities after a devastating attack on Israeli communities, killing 1,200 people according to the Israelis and 251 people were considered hostages in Gaza.

The Israeli campaign killed more than 50,000 Palestinians and destroyed the Gaza Strip, forcing almost 2.3 million people out of their homes, leaving thousands of tents and improvised shelters.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button